Sample Workplace Mental Health and Wellbeing Policy
Implementing a policy to promote better health at work
The Health and Wellbeing of employees and those we work with is an important consideration for organisations.
Supporting good mental health is a key component of a healthy workforce, which in turn makes your organisation a more enjoyable and productive place to work.
Communicating and implementing a Mental Health and Wellbeing Policy is an important step to providing a healthy work environment. We have put together a sample policy that you make wish to use as a starting point for your organisation.
Raising awareness of Mental Health through online learning
Online training provides a very time effective and cost effective way to raise awareness of Mental Health and provide some help and support. By deploying web resources such as presentations, FAQs and e-learning video, you can quickly reach employees no matter where and when they work.
Our sample policy frequently refers to effective communication and training to promote a positive healthy workplace. You mind find that a blended approach of face-to-face seminars, periodic emails and online training resources is exactly what you need to implement it.
The Digital College provides an online course that handles the training and awareness called Awareness of Mental Heath in the Workplace
The benefits of online learning
Online learning is proven to be a very effective method to communicate a core set of messages and teaching to a widespread and diverse audience. In the case of Mental Health Awareness, it also offers a degree of anonymity; colleagues will not see an employee open certain links or websites in they have immediate concerns.
- Learning can take place anytime and anywhere - the learner just needs to have an appropriate device and access to the internet.
- Deliver learning in classes of one. No need to wait for a classroom to fill up.
- The same high quality delivery of training and assessment every time.
- Reduce overhead in managing training and assessment.
- Automatically record staff training records.
Online training to support employee Mental Health
Our online courses provide learning on the topic of mental health and also provide targeted awareness on two of the factors that can cause issues.
- Awareness of Mental Health in the workplace
- Stress Awareness and Management
- Handling and resolving conflict