Level 1 Award Health and Safety in a Construction Environment
E-learning module and official online exam that covers a core requirement of gaining a CSCS card.
This Level 1 Award Health and Safety qualification is aimed at learners who currently work, or want to work, in construction. Successful completion will enable you to move on to take the CITB health, safety and environment test, and then apply for the new Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS) Green Card. This card allows access to construction sites in the UK as a non-skilled worker.
From the 1st July 2014, as a mandatory part of the application for a CSCS Green Labourers Card, you must be able to provide a relevant certificate that provides evidence of your knowledge and understanding of health and safety in a construction environment. This includes those looking to enter the construction industry as well as those renewing their CSCS card. This qualification is acknowledged as one of the best ways of providing this evidence.
This qualification has been accredited by The British Safety Council, and is assessed by the BSC exam.
Our Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment consists of the following:
- Know the principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving health and safety at work
- Know the importance of safe manual handling in the workplace
- Know the importance of working safely at height in the workplace
- Know risks to health within a construction environment
- Know the importance of working around plant and equipment safely
Also available in a complete package including the CITB test and CSCS card dispatched directly to you.