Business Administration - An Introduction
Business Administration is an important role within many organisations. This online course will introduce the expectations of the job and then start to provide more detail about how to perform many of the typical tasks. The course will also help candidates develop many useful skills including: planning, prioritisation and customer service. Finally the course will provide some basic IT skills for communication and collaboration.
The course syllabus is designed for people planning to start a new role as a business administrator. We will explain the role of the typical administrator and then provide some detail about the typical tasks. The course will also help candidates improve their skills in areas essential to business administration, such as planning, priotisation, customer service and basic computer usage. In this course we will cover:
1) What is the role of the Business Administrator?
- What is Business Administration?
- Why is it important within business?
- What are the expectations of a business administrator?
2) Typical tasks of business administration
- Handling the telephone
- Postage, parcels and couriers
- Organising the office
- Filing, archiving and managing document retention
- Purchasing and Petty Cash
- Arranging Travel
- Plannning and prioritisation
- Problem solving
3) People skills, including customer service and complaint handling
- A recap of personal presentation
- Customer service skills
- Handling difficult situations
- Dealing with complaints
- Managing and participating in meetings
4) Communication and collaboration
- Using email effectively
- Utilising calendars as a Business Administrator
- Introducing the power of spreadsheets
- Sharing documents
- IT Security and best practices
Accredited by Highfield Qualifications